Kyle Conrad Foundation Scholarship Application 2017
1. DEADLINE for scholarship applications is Thursday, December 1st, 2016, 5:00 PM.
2. Refer to criteria below for eligibility requirements. Refer to the application process below for a list of the supporting documents needed (i.e., reference forms, evidence of GPA, etc.) Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. If you have any questions about the application process, please email the Kyle Conrad Foundation at The Guidance Department at your high school.
Through the annual giving of scholarships to deserving youth of the Martin County community, the Kyle Conrad Foundation seeks to actively recognize and support deserving seniors entering into post-secondary education. The purpose of creating the Kyle Conrad Foundation is to honor the legacy of Kyle Conrad as a student, an athlete, a friend, and most importantly, as family. The mission of the foundation is organize annual fund raising efforts capable of sustaining scholarships that will go to support students that have demonstrated a dedication to academics and athletics similar to Kyle’s.
Each year, the Kyle Conrad Scholarship Committee will select up to eight  recipients, each of whom will receive one $1,000 scholarship.
At the end of the scholarship year students will be better prepared to enter their first semester of undergraduate studies.
1. Applicant must be a registered student at a Martin County School District High School.
2. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a current passport.
3. Applicant must be a senior level student as defined through credit hours at their institution.
4. Applicant must have a minimum, cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
5. Applicant must have participated in a FHSAA sanctioned sport, at the Varsity Level, for at least one full season.
6. Applicant must show a proven record of service to the community and dedication to academics and athletics.
7. Applicant must enroll, complete, and provide proof of a minimum of 12 credit hours towards an undergraduate degree by the end of the fall semester of 2017.
Applicant must submit all of the following items at the same time:
1. Completed application form (if handwritten, please print legibly).
2. Letter of application addressed to the Kyle Conrad Selection Committee stating their intent to apply for the scholarship.
3. At least two (2) character references in the form of a letter of recommendation.
4. A copy of their most recent complete transcript with cumulative grade point average.
5. If expressing financial hardship for consideration, a completed copy of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid available at the FAFSA website.
6. Personal Essay. Please answer the question(s) on the enclosed essay form.
7. Applicant must understand, sign and agree to all the statements and conditions of the “Certification/Permission to Release Information” and the conditions contained in the “Acknowledgment of Responsibilities upon Receiving Awards”.
8. Applicant must agree to, if asked, a personal interview with the selection committee via phone, upon completion of the application.
9. Any other documentation that the applicant feels would help the Kyle Conrad Foundation Selection Committee make the best possible decision towards an award in their favor.
Deadline for the application is Thursday, December 1st, 2016, 5:00 PM. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered. No emailed and or incomplete applications will be considered.
Announcement of Scholarship Recipients: May, 2017
Special Provision: Scholarship funds will be issued directly to the recipient but must be returned in full if the student does not provide proof of completion of the fall term.
Please mail the complete application to:
Your Guidance Department Office at your High School